Job location: Left Bank-Facilites & Real Estate Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-01
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleProject ManagerJob Profile TitleManager, Project-Facilities and Real Estate ServicesJob Description SummaryThe Project Manager is responsible for the management of design, engineering, legal, construction, and other professionals employed in the planning and design and construction of capital projects.
The Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services (FRES) provides the expertise, business process, policies and standards required to plan, design, construct, operate, maintain and renew the physical assets of the University, excluding the health system. In addition, the Division, comprised of approximately five Departments, is responsible for the strategic planning, management and operation of non-academic University property, and collaborating with the neighborhood to create a safe, diverse and economically vibrant destination. With close to 12M square feet of space, FRES maintains 186 buildings on a campus of 276 acres, completes over 60,000 maintenance requests per year, and starts approximately 250 projects a year. FRES is comprised of the following Departments: Administration, Office of the University Architect, Design and Construction, Real Estate, Operations and Maintenance.
The University of Pennsylvania is implementing a campus transformation entitled Penn Connects (http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu). This comprehensive, award winning effort is expanding the campus over the next 20 years, including the construction of new academic research and recreational facilities. In addition, the University has secured $300M in Century Bond funding and continues to upgrade existing facilities over the coming years. https://www.facilities.upenn.edu/Job Description
- Responsibilities include administration of financial records, and the development and maintenance of project budgets and reports.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all contract documents, daily work reports, correspondence, change order requests, change orders, and related project documentation.
- Responsible for the verification of work performed and the recommendation for approval and payment of the amounts invoiced on behalf of architects, and other consultants.
- Coordinate planning, design, engineering, and construction activities with representatives of the Office of the University Architect, Department of Operations and Maintenance and the various University Schools and Centers.
- Coordinate project meetings, issue monthly status of financial reports, update construction progress schedules, ensure that proper permits and zoning ordinances are obtained.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Project Committee for each project.
Preferred experience managing laboratory design or construction projectsJob Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolFacilities and Real Estate ServicesPay Range$59,703.00 - $113,435.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.