IT Support Specialist, Wharton Executive Education
Job location: SCC-Aresty Inst/Exec Ed
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-02
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleIT Support Specialist, Wharton Executive EducationJob Profile TitleInformation Technology Support Specialist SeniorJob Description SummaryIT support specialist position works with a team of IT professionals to guide the strategic direction of Information Technology in Wharton Executive Education of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and to support its use by staff and students.Job Description
IT support specialist position responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide computing support and expertise in the use of all PCs, laptops and mobile devices for: staff, faculty and participants.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing “all” Wharton Execed computer simulations which includes virtual technologies: Oculus, as well as, a variety of operating systems and computer platforms. Requires support for offsite programs where travel and non-business hour support is required.
- Responsible for all new system deployments for staff and public computing which includes; computer design, system builds, purchasing and management of the overall deployment project.
- IT support technician lead in supporting the Vice-dean and associated vice dean of Wharton Executive Educations. Requires support during non-business hours.
- Oversees implementation, design and support for new applications and systems being used by The Wharton School which includes Panopto, Zendesk, MEDC.
- Provide tutorial sessions for staff and participants for Canvas and other online related platforms
- Evaluating and making recommendations on new technologies and products;
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all systems infrastructure SCC and VH
- Managing student workers
- Maintaining high visibility within the group by sharing thoughts, ideas, and status updates in a timely manner;
- Working collaboratively and listening actively;
- Proactively expanding knowledge helpful to the position and applying such knowledge gained towards goals in the workplace;
- Taking ownership of duties and responsibilities, including possessing true interest in the work and the quality of work presented.
Qualifications: BA/BS and two years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A professional, customer-service oriented demeanor is critical to this role. This individual must be organized; have a strong ability to multi-task, problem-solve, meet deadlines; and work independently. Punctually and attention to detail is crucial. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Specific technologies include:
- MS Windows virtual and physical desktops and laptops, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Windows Server; virtual and physical, especially, print sharing, terminal services, web services and Microsoft SQL administration.
- Active Directory Group Policy and administration.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit administration.
- Network topologies, switches administration and troubleshooting.
- Firewall appliances administration and troubleshooting.
- Remote troubleshooting using VNC, Bomgar MEDC.
- Email ticketing/Help Desk software using Zendesk, Jira, etc.
- School and University systems for classroom technology, general business and computer systems management.
- Application development for web base applications. For example using Django and Python.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.