Executive Director, Student Success and Engagement
Executive Director, Student Success and Engagement
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Campus Title: Executive Director, Student Success and Engagement
State Job Title: Executive Director
Department: Center for Student Success and Engagement
Job Code: HA6210
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bargaining Unit: APA
Job Type: Full-Time
Timeframe: 52 Weeks
Shift: 9 a.m. -5 p.m.
Regular Days Off: Saturday and Sunday
Supervision Received: Supervised by the Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Supervision Exercised: The Executive Director of the Center for Student Success and Engagement provides supervision to the directors of the following offices: Advising and Transfer Transitions, Urban Education Program, TRiO Support Services, Banacos Academic Center, Office of Retention and Engagement, as well as the Assistant to the Center for Student Success and Engagement.
Salary: $85,000.00-$110,000.00 (Commensurate with experience)
General Statement of Duties:
The Center for Student Success and Engagement plays a central role in the academic mission of Westfield State University. The Executive Director is expected to provide collaborative leadership, vision and strategic direction for the directors in the CSSE so they can contribute in substantive ways to the institution's strategic goals, including increasing retention, increasing graduation rates and decreasing the achievement gap. The Executive Director will work with directors to implement and regularly evaluate cohesive and extensive programming to support student success within and across units in the CSSE. The Executive Director plays a key role in establishing an inclusive and engaging environment within the CSSE and supports campus-wide collaboration for the betterment of all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to
- Provide leadership for the development of programs, strategies and activities that encourage and foster innovation in the support of student success and retention.
- Conduct regular analysis of, and make recommendations regarding, effective methods of service delivery and workflow in the CSSE to better support student success and retention.
- Enhance collaboration of offices and program delivery to expand outreach and access to all students.
- Participate with directors in regular planning and evidence-based evaluation of programs and services.
- Supervise budget activities of direct report units to ensure appropriate use of funds and adherence to institutional and state policies, and guide directors in budget building processes.
- Engage directors in consistent participation in professional development opportunities to keep the units up-to-date on best practices.
- Work with directors and other campus constituents to provide a regular review of, and updates to, academic policies.
- Meet with Academic Deans and Academic Department Chairs to ensure collaboration and integration of CSSE programmatic activities with academic programs.
- Ensure that the values of equity and inclusion are present in all student success and retention efforts to best support student success and retention.
- Work with directors to access external funding through grants applications, and work with the WSU Foundation in support of students.
- Master's degree in higher education administration or related field. Ph.d or Ed.d preferred.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory and budget management experience in a center for student success or related area.
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse constituencies
- Familiarity with federal reporting requirements (EDGAR, Code of Federal Regulations, OMB)
- Experience with Federal TRIO programs, Concurrent Enrollment/Early College, ASCENT, or similar high school bridge programs.
For the majority of new employees, the minimum starting salary will apply. Specific salary for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining and state policies and procedures.
State job specifications for this position may be found at the department of higher education website: http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.asp
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
An on-line application is required. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. .
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=120557&CNTRNO=13&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency