University of La Verne
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Admission Counselor is responsible for new student recruitment and admission goals for students to the University of LaVerne. This position reports directly to the Director of Admission and works collaboratively with all campus staff and faculty to achieve enrollment goals; this position is expected to closely coordinate activities with Enrollment Management especially on recruiting strategies, processes, and metrics for success.
Recruit new students
Generate new leads for designated programs, populations and locations for the University of La Verne by conducting the following:
- Conduct on-site information sessions at educational institutions, community colleges, community based organizations, businesses and other appropriate sites.
- Build and maintain partner relationships with community colleges, educational institutions, stakeholders and community-based organizations, businesses, and other appropriate sites.
- Represent the University at events on and off campus, conferences, fairs, networking mixers, and other appropriate events to generate leads resulting in applications and enrolled students.
- Participate and lead on-campus and virtual information sessions, during the work day, evenings and weekends as designated by Enrollment Management.
- Establish relationships with prospective students and stakeholders by providing accurate admission, program and campus information.
- Plan and participate in admitted student events and other yield opportunities during the day, in the evening, and on weekends where appropriate.
- Counsel students on appropriate steps between admission and enrollment. Must have a good understanding of degree curriculum, learning outcomes and expectations, including basic knowledge of financial aid, and other on-boarding processes.
Track & follow-up with all leads in the form of RFIs, RSVPs, walk-ins or referrals through personal contact and CRM system. Work to convert prospective students to applicants with complete files and ultimately enrolled students. Respond to the leads:
- Contact new leads within 24 hours, to include RFI, applicants, walk-ins, and other populations as designated by supervisor. Work closely with prospective students and applicants through the admissions process via telephone, email, virtual, and personal contact throughout the course of the admission cycle.
- Monitor inquiries, application counts, admission status and registration of all prospective and incoming students.
- Follow up with all incomplete applications from previous terms in a timely manner to encourage completion of application for a future term.
- Counsel individuals and families as appropriate, in an appointment setting about the university.
- Gain proficient use of CRM and other recruitment tools and systems.
- Perform data searches about individual applicants and use queries so that data driven decisions can be made about recruitment practices. Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Respond to all emails and phone calls within a business day, keeping consistent communication with supervisor when response time increases beyond the expectation.
Work collaboratively with campus team to meet enrollment goals for the University of La Verne.
- Work with the appropriate enrollment and academic program leadership in coordinating new student on-boarding activities, in conjunction with campus advisors, to ensure proper academic advising and on-boarding.
- Work collaboratively with fellow teammates to support the needs of the unit and meet and exceed enrollment goals.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders (including academic leadership and partners) and Admission Operations to coordinate and monitor the workflow for timely and accurate processing of admission applications through matriculation.
- Stay educated on admission trends and best practices and contribute to the team by suggesting new ideas for marketing, programs or other relevant activities. Work with Enrollment Management Leadership to identify marketing opportunities.’
- Submit deliverables to enrollment leadership by stated deadlines.
- Work in partnership with recruitment communication and marketing plans and strategies.
- Achieve a high level of proficiency in products relevant to recruitment including Microsoft power point, Microsoft word, WebEx and Slate.
- All other duties as assigned by Enrollment Management Leadership
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 1 year of experience in recruitment and marketing
- 1 year of counselor and/or academic advisement experience
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency