Posting InformationPosition TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleTraining Specialist - JourneyWorking TitleOnCore TrainerPosition Number20036877Vacancy IDP011898Budgeted Hiring Range$50,900 - $62,250Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade EquivalentGN10Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 PMDepartment Name and NumberClinical Trials-621200Date First Posted08/14/2020Closing Date09/18/2020Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryOtherDepartment Description
The core mission of the Office of Clinical Trials (OCT) is to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional requirements, supporting the Human Research Protection Program by conducting post-IRB approval reviews of clinical studies and research billing, monitoring ClinicalTrials.gov, and conducting compliance checks prior to project account set up. This includes education, consultation, and guidance on the conduct of clinical trials.
The OCT serves as a central resource for UNC faculty, staff, and departments involved in clinical trials research and for sponsors seeking to conduct clinical trials at UNC by:
• Serving as the point of contact for questions or issues related to clinical trials
• Providing assistance and consultation in budget development and preparation
• Developing and providing education and training on the requirements and procedures related to the conduct of clinical research
• Assisting researchers, staff, and departments with clinical trial project development
• Serving as an expert resource for information on the issues and requirements for the conduct of clinical research
• Developing and implementing programs and initiatives, based on monitoring and assessment, to enhance the quality of clinical research and to support regulatory compliance
• Providing oversight and assisting with registration of clinical trial information and posting of results as appropriate in ClinicalTrials.gov
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
The Office of Clinical Trials is seeking an OnCore Trainer to assess, develop, and deliver information and educational programs to OnCore enterprise clinical trial management system end users. Reporting to the OnCore Project Manager, the OnCore Trainer will be an integral part of the implementation core leadership team and is primarily responsible for working alongside the vendor to train nearly 2,500 users. Post-implementation, the trainer will orchestrate and drive the successful and timely completion of training, orientation, and continuing education programs for new and existing OnCore users.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
It is necessary for the candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Ability to use creative and effective presentation skills to successfully teach and manage groups of 4 to 80 adult participants.
• Ability to relate to audiences of diverse ages and backgrounds, adapting training delivery as needed.
• Ability to assess users’ computer skills efficiently and effectively.
• Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, & Excel, web and video conferencing software, and eLearning software.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
• Excellent judgment, critical thinking skills, and initiative.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize & perform multiple tasks efficiently, effectively, and autonomously while meeting deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Accountability in ownership of tasks and a solution-oriented approach to work.
• At least one year of software training experience.
• Knowledge of the clinical research industry.
• Familiarity with the code of federal regulations regarding human subject research.
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Training Specialist.
- Bachelor's, Master's, and/or Doctorate in any field.
- Associate's in any field and at least 2 years of experience.
- Combination of post-high school education and experience to equal at least 4 years of related experience (ex: 1 year towards a degree and 3 years of experience)
- High School diploma/GED and at least 4 years of related experience.
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and experience to equal 8 years. (ex. 3 years of high school and 5 years of experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have experience training individuals or large groups of people?
- * How many years of experience do you have in the design and development of a training curriculum?
- 0 to 1 year
- 1 to 2 years
- 2 to 3 years
- 3 to 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Do you have experience delivering software training using web conferencing technologies such as Zoom or WebEx?