Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
Marketing and Outreach CoordinatorTracking Code695-674 Job Description
The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator supports undergraduate and graduate level recruitment and outreach for the College of Business. This position serves to inform the university, the local community, prospective students and prospective employers of College of Business graduates regarding the world-class business education Valpo Business graduates earn.
- Plan and manage social media content flow for the College of Business
- Plan, create, and manage social events including Open Houses, Career Fairs, Meet the Firms, and welcome week/ commencement week events
- Write weekly/monthly news updates for the CoB community, the university, prospective students and prospective employers
- Meet and recruit applicants (undergraduate and graduate) on and off campus
- Create digital graphics, reports, and graphs for the Dean and other CoB representatives
- In support of all the above, maintain regular communication with IMC, the Career Center, the Office of Admissions, the Graduate School, the Office of Advancement, and other University offices as needed.
- Assist with ranking survey responses for both College of Business and MBA Program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of web-page design
- Understanding of marketing on social media platforms
- Knowledgeable about digital marketing
- Well-versed in social media outreach
- Driver’s license
- Ideally 2 years of experience with social media/ web design
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Mary Bandstra, Assistant Dean, College of Business
Valparaiso, IN 46383