Administrative Assistant - College of Nursing and Health Professions
Administrative Assistant - College of Nursing and Health ProfessionsTracking Code696-674 Job Description
College of Nursing and Health Professions (CONHP)
The Administrative Assistant for the College of Nursing and Health Professions is responsible for supporting CONHP and the Dean's office in providing administrative support to Assistant Deans, Program Directors and Coordinators.
- Provide administrative support to CONHP.
- Public relations
- Special events including Continuing Education and Accelerated Nursing student orientation.
- Managing students preparation for clinical service.
- New program support
Meeting the many diverse needs and requests required by the position in assisting a large variety of people. Examples include gathering information, organizing information, maintaining databases, balancing diverse working styles, and meeting multiple task deadlines in a timely manner.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Karen Allen, Dean, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- Familiarity with various types of office machines and AV equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with students, visitors, faculty, staff, and key stakeholders in a professional, congenial, and confidential manner
- Independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize workload; and recommend changes in program practices or procedures.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 plus years of office experience.
- Familiarity with various software programs, familiarity with various software programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, learning management systems, web management, social media, and email; ability to research using the internet