Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admissions
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-04
Job Description SummaryUnder the general direction of the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions maintains responsibility for activities related to the admissions of University Campus Undergraduate students. Successful Assistant Director possess unique communication skills and exhibit core values that effectively engage and inform prospective students via robust phone conversations in an organic, student-focused style, establishing rapport and building trust.Job DescriptionDuties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Admitting and Counseling Prospective Students: develops strong working relationships with prospective students, including parents/family members; exercises independent judgment in evaluating students as potential candidates for admission with particular emphasis on academic preparation
- Ensures outstanding admissions experience through first term registration processes for undergraduate students.
- Ensures smooth transition from Admissions to Student Advocates, Bridge Language Program.
- Info Sessions: conducts presentations to prospective students and their parents/families. Work collaboratively within admissions and across campus to ensure that enrollment objectives are achieved.
- Communication: initiate tracked and documented telephone / email contact with prospective students and applicants to ensure that prospective and admitted students receive personal verbal and written communication; document each telephone and email contact. Outstanding speaking, writing and listening skills are required.
- Collaborate with the team including Operations, Marketing and University Visit Experience Programs on all internal and external activities. •
- Application File Review: reading applications, recommending students for review by Admission Committee. Must exercise good judgment regarding the academic, personal and co-curricular qualities Saint Leo University desires in its student body. Scan documents into students’ files, maintaining databases and filing systems. Verify all document names and authenticity and accuracy of incoming documents. Data entry, and review of transcripts for transfer credit evaluations.
- Financial Aid: develop expertise in describing Saint Leo University’s merit scholarships and financial aid awarding policies and practices, and ensure the highest level of service and accuracy with families.
- Confidentiality: must safeguard the confidentiality of student, staff and University information by exercising discretion in managing records and communication with faculty, staff, parents, alumni and current and prospective students.
- Professionalism: must demonstrate the highest professional demeanor and ethical behavior.
- Ensure compliance with all Saint Leo policies and all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work with both traditional and non-traditional students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Proven ability to establish rapport with students, faculty, alumni, employers and staff colleagues.
- Remain current regarding external market conditions and best practices
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and strong typing and data entry skills
- Ability to problem solve working with peers and independently.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in working with confidential information.
- Detail oriented and able to complete work assignments accurately and on time.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a high-volume fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prepare presentations and reports.
- Ability to quickly adapt to process changes and learn new procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a highly professional and student/customer
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Lifting of 25-35 lb. rolling carriers and boxes of recruitment materials.
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Extensive phone work and email keying.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.NOTICE:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.