Assistant Director, Admissions
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-03
Job Description Summary
Recruits first time in college students from a specified territory or target population, including development of strategic plans to reach enrollment goals; visits high schools and/or community colleges, attends college fairs and other recruitment events; develops a network of professional contacts; reviews and follows up on all prospects and applicants from an assigned territory.
Duties and Tasks:
- Manages and assigned recruitment territory to yield a specific enrollment goal and develops a strategic plan to meet enrollment objectives for the assigned territory or student market.
- In consultation with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, determines appropriate activities, goals, and benchmarks to achieve enrollment goals with extensive travel required.
- Develops a strategic plan for achieving a level of applications and enrolled students needed to meet goals.
- Determines appropriate recruitment activities (including special events) to reach goals; develops and evaluates travel plans and related recruitment activities and represents Saint Leo University at college fairs, high school visits, and other off-campus events; makes presentations to high school audiences, community college students, and other groups.
- Plans and implements special events relating to the specified territory or student population, including budget oversight and planning for such events.
- Develops professional working relationships with guidance and counseling professionals at high schools and in independent practice, or with community college staff members at feeder institutions.
- Provides evaluation of recruitment efforts.
- Encourages, reviews, and follows up on admission applications from students from an assigned territory by:
- Identifying appropriate applicants for admission
- Contacting prospective students (in person, by phone, via e-mail, letter, or IM) to encourage the submission of an application.
- Following up with students to obtain materials necessary for file review on a daily basis.
- Communicating with admitted students regularly to follow-up on concerns and encourage enrollment.
- Participates in on-campus and off-campus events (Open House programs, Alumni receptions, overnight visits, etc.)
- Keeps up-to-date on changes in majors, programs, and student organizations on campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors’ degree from a regionally accredited college or university required; master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in admissions or recruitment preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Computer skills, particularly MS Office software applications and e-mail proficiency.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and to work irregular and long hours (including evenings and weekends as needed).
- Ability to work independently and to formulate and evaluate strategic plans for a specified market or territory.
- Ability to provide training and limited supervision for other staff members.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to make effective public presentations, interview students
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.