Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-03
Job Description Summary
Successful Enrollment Counselors possess unique communication skills and exhibit core values that effectively engage and inform prospective students via robust phone conversations in an organic, student-focused style, establishing rapport and building trust.
- Are student-centered and driven by the need to help others achieve their educational goals
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a passion for higher education
- Assist prospective students to find the right undergraduate program that meets their needs
- Educate prospective students on possible lifestyle changes, time commitments, technology, and study skills required to be a successful online college student
- Exhibit excellent quality service, follow-through, and interaction with students and supporting departments in a collaborative manner, ensuring the student is well-prepared to begin their classes.
Duties and Tasks:
After the Enrollment Counselor achieves initial contact with prospective students they continue to counsel and educate them through the entire enrollment process. The process will include information regarding registration, ordering books, technology setup and introductions to fellow team members who will assist them with financial questions and academic advice.
As the primary contact, the Enrollment Counselor is responsible for a positive new student experience by building a relationship with the student and answering questions regarding degree requirements, program research, policies, and procedures.
As part of a high performing team Enrollment Counselors must;
- Possess key attributes of integrity, flexibility, initiative, and confidence
- Understand and adhere to outreach requirements and quality expectations, meet their goals and motivate through a positive approach and a general openness to feedback
- Identify and share opportunities to improve university processes and the student experience
- Generate prospective student referrals from existing students, alumni, staff, and members of the community
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail through accuracy and follow-up to manage procedures of student record keeping efficiently; on excel spreadsheets and in student databases
- Operate in a positive manner as part of a team and show a willingness to grow and learn by being open to change, innovative ideas, and constructive feedback
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses
Coordination – Adjusting actions In relation to others’ actions.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively and accurately over the phone.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the student via email.
- Organizational skills – highly developed and able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Technical skills – MS Office, Excel, and Outlook.
- Attention to Detail – Set priorities on time and with a great deal of accuracy.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Two or more years' admissions experience or high-value relationship-based/consultative sales experience required
- Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a highly professional and student/customer-focused environment.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience working with non-traditional adult students in an online environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.