COVID-19 Quarantine Manager
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-01
Job Description SummaryReporting to the Director of Residence Life, the COVID-19 Quarantine Manager oversees the quarantine process for students. While directly reporting to the Director of Residence Life, the role will be responsible for working in a highly collaborative manner with various senior leaders and managers across university departments. This is a full-time, one-year temporary benefited position.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- In coordination with colleagues and other departments, manage the facilities and students dedicated to quarantine and self-isolation space to include:
- Perform contact tracing of students who are positive, presumptive positive, or determined to have symptoms and assigned to self-isolation in an immediate, compassionate, detailed manner.
- Coordinate quarantine facilities including scheduling/tracking, cleaning, stocking with bedding, cleaning supplies, snacks, and other necessary items.
- Be in daily remote contact (7 days a week) with quarantined students to ascertain their well-being, determine their needs, connect them with resources, and provide them with necessary essentials from their rooms or otherwise.
- Manage the food delivery process in coordination with Dining Services and University Safety; ascertaining food allergy/diet needs are met; requested food is delivered appropriately (may need to also do some deliveries depending on circumstances)
- Coordinate with facilities management/the COVID Project Manager the cleaning/sanitization of University-owned quarantine space, including but not limited to, East Campus to ensure rapid turnaround of space.
- Be responsible for using the provided letter templates to notify Student Success Coaches of all quarantines and providing them with a personalized faculty notification letter for distribution; be responsible for providing to Student Success Coaches the template letter for when students are released from quarantine and can return to class in person
- Be responsible for immediately notifying students and their parents (if there is a FERPA release) of the quarantine expectations and resources via template letter.
- Ensure quarantine spreadsheets are updated daily with current and correct information
- Work directly with the hotel staff to ensure those quarantined at the contracted hotel are checked-in properly, receiving meals and other amenities in a timely way; ensure safety and expectations compliance; work with staff and students on providing the best possible experience for both; physically go the hotel daily while students are quarantined there
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving COVID-19 best practices and brief ICT members as appropriate.
- Facilitate daily reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, and Director of Residence Life on the status of facilities and well-being of quarantined students.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a residential higher education setting.
- Experience working directly and effectively with college students.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be effective and compassionate when working with college students in a highly stressful situation
- Within 5 days of the first day of employment, become a Certified Contact Tracer through the Johns Hopkins credentialing course
- Must be an effective collaborator with colleagues and supervisors with open communication, a “can-do” attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done in an exemplary way
- Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong ability to multi-task and track complex quarantines that involve numerous constituents.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and quickly evolving situations.
- Able to discern when consultation is needed.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Flexible, patient, and comfortable with fast-paced change environment.
- Valid Florida driver’s license. Must be able to pass DMV background check to become van and golf cart certified
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.