COVID-19 Contact Tracer
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-01
Job Description SummaryThe COVID-19 Contact Tracer is responsible for reaching out to people (students and staff) who may have (cases) or potentially have been exposed to someone with (close contacts) COVID-19 and providing health education and guidance to interrupt ongoing disease transmission. The role will support the quarantine and self-isolation process and is a key element of preventing the spread of COVID-19. This position requires prompt action, prioritization, and a strong attention to detail in both documentation and data management, as well as a high level of confidentiality.Job Description
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Initiate prompt communication with people exposed to COVID-19 (contacts) through phone call, email, text, and other communication platforms as necessary.
- Verify the contact’s identity during initial communications and prior to disclosing confidential information. Assure confidentiality and carry out efforts to locate and communicate with individuals in a manner that preserves the confidentiality and privacy of all involved.
- Notify the contact of their exposure to COVID-19, following specific communication guidelines. Conduct notification of exposure in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of the positive case and ensures that the identity of the positive case is not disclosed.
- Obtain and document relevant information including contact demographics, timeline of symptoms, and expected quarantine dates (if needed).
- Provide approved information and guidance on quarantine procedures and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Incident Command Team (ICT) to efficiently communicate contact notifications and monitoring assignments.
- Participate in trainings and COVID-related meetings as needed.
- Evening and weekend hours expected.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Two years of customer service, data management, and/or other related work experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills (organization, prioritization, multitasking)
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and processes
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and students
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.