Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-03
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of Information Technology at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an HPC Administrator, Boca Raton, FL
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Support FAU HPC environment and write short programs as needed.
- Provide second and first tier support to information technology departments, research groups, and other covered entities who utilize health related data throughout the University.
- Implement policies and procedures as defined by the University, providing virtual infrastructure, virtual desktop images, server operating system templates and other tools to be used by the covered entities.
- Responsible for the management of Linux and Windows servers, Linux and Windows Virtual Desktops, vWorkspace, LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policies, Hyper-V, SCCM, SCVMM, VMWare, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, REDCap, iDash, Cifs, NFS, iRods, SAN, iSCSI, Microsoft Clusters, and other related technologies.
- Provide support as needed to the Office of Information Technology.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$45,000 - $52,000College or Department:Office of Information TechnologyLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Some flexible hours as needed. This includes late evenings as well as week-end in case of an emergency.Application Deadline: 2020-09-17-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.