Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-04
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The University Advising department at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Program Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage the reception area in University Advising Services providing customer services, including greeting and assisting students, scheduling and coordinating appointments, and maintaining paper and electronic student records accurately. This includes handling a high volume of student traffic in person and over the telephone with a friendly, courteous and professional demeanor.
- Open and close office daily.
- Assist with calling campaigns.
- Provide hands–on demonstrations to students using FAU's on-line advising appointment scheduling system.
- Provide clerical support to Director, Associate and Assistant Directors, Academic Coordinators, to include word processing, photocopying, faxing, attending and recording meeting minutes.
- Collect, sort and distribute mail, monitor monthly telephone/fax bill and other daily office duties as assigned.
- Update office COOP plan.
- Order and restock office supplies.
- Initiate and process copy center requisitions, purchase orders.
- Interact with campus and off-campus vendors.
- Process SLS course contracts, travel reimbursements, and other business processed in WORKDAY.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise student workers.
- Oversee and administer timekeeping for student workers and input time as necessary.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$15.93 - $16.53 per hourCollege or Department:University AdvisingLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2020-09-20-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected], prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected] to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.