Emergency Transport Comm Tech/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleEmergency Transport Comm Tech/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24434Working TitleEmergency Communications TechDepartment NameH3100:Emergency ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT)Physical Requirements
The physical requirements of this position include: regularly lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects over 50lbs; regularly standing or walking with objects up to 25lbs; regularly sitting as a computer workstation for extended periods of time with regular repetitive motions (such as typing); regular risk of back injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; regularly working at heights above 4 feet; intermittent exposure to loud noises, blood borne/airborne pathogens and temperature extremes; occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, radiation, burns, cuts/punctures, and combative/violent people; and occasional (<10%of the time) job related travel.Shift
Days, evenings, nights, and weekends.Job Summary
Primary duties are obtaining reliable information and coordinating air and ground transports. This position serves as an Emergency Communications Technician for the UK HealthCare Enterprise taking emergency medical reports, air traffic control operations, and plays an important role in trauma, stroke, and cardiac cath lab activations. Along with those duties, this position also serves as an EMT for the adult and neonatal/pediatric transport teams traveling through Kentucky and surrounding states to pick up ill or injured patients. Secondary duties include helipad safety operations, escorting EMS crews to various units within the hospital, offloading aircraft, and public relation events.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Basic medical terminology and computer skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Two years of related experience highly preferred; experience in air traffic control operations and within a large healthcare organization preferred.Deadline to Apply09/15/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current Kentucky EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter