Adv Gastro Technical Specialist/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdv Gastro Technical Specialist/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23657Working TitleAdvanced Gastroenterology Technical SpecialistDepartment NameH3090:Diagnostic ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Complete SGNA Associate Program and Advanced Associate Certificates within one year of hire date.Physical Requirements
This position requires intermittently performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing over 50 pounds; and working at heights above four feet and/or in confined spaces. Also involves some job-related travel (10-50% of time); risk of back injury from moving, lifting or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; risk of injuries from use of equipment on the job; exposure to radiation, blood-borne or airborne pathogens, recombinant DNA or viral vectors, hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste, and loud noises.Shift
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (40 hours per week). Requires some on-call and weekend shifts per departmental need.Job Summary
This position will assist the physician (gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, and/or surgeon) in general and advanced endoscopy procedures with a high degree of efficiency; position and transport patients; prepare the procedural rooms using clean and aseptic techniques; maintain supplies and materials; maintain certification requirements; actively participate in goals of the work unit; and demonstrate excellent customer service. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) and Advanced Associate certifications required within 1 year of hire date.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate must be proficient in basic and advanced endoscopy procedures; have direct patient care experience; excellent attention to detail; exceptional planning and organizational skills; effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to solve routine problems and manage resources; and have experience with materials/resource management. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) and Advanced Associate certifications required within 1 year of hire date.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associate degree from an accredited surgical technologist program and one to two years of related experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/13/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your endoscopy or other related work experience relevant to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your years of endoscopy experience.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have a current Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification?
- * Are you currently certified or eligible to be certified as a surgical technologist in the state of Kentucky?
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you were responsible for direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- More than 0 years, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter