Nurse Clinician Senior/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Clinician Senior/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24404Working TitleDC Lounge RNDepartment NameH4019: Continuum of CareWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED NURSEPhysical Requirements
This position requires regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to or over 50 pounds.Shift
Primarily Monday thru Friday, 1030 to 7 occasional holiday and weekend.Job Summary
The discharge lounge RN will provide exceptional nursing skills of assessment, evaluation and direct care (when required) in addition to having strong communication skills that allow for optimal teaching of discharge/transitional care plan to patients and significant other(s). The RN will delegate appropriate tasks to the nurse technician assuring patient safety and satisfaction at all times.
Communication with multiple team members will be clear and concise to maintain patient health status. The RN is required to assist patient(s) from the discharge lounge to their transportation vehicle when needed in a safe and competent manner.
Internal Employee Being Considered. (IEBC)Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Nursing assessment; planning and implementation.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
BSN preferred; 3 years of acute care medical/surgical experience.Deadline to Apply09/10/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * How many years of critical care nursing experience do you have?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter