Patient Care Manager Assistant/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Care Manager Assistant/UKHCRequisition NumberNR08156Working TitleRN / PCM Assistant / Pulmonary Medicine ICUDepartment NameH7600: PAV A Medicine/PulmonaryWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level12Salary Range$29.63-48.31/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNRequired Related Experience
1.5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED NURSEPhysical Requirements
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Must be able to move about in a complex environment.
To ensure the best patient outcomes and a healthy work environment, the Assistant PCM will work 8 or 10 hour shifts with a start time of either 12 PM or 3 PM, and must include a minimum of 16 weekend hours in a 6 week schedule. Any modification of this requirement must be made at the discretion of the Nursing Operations Administrator/Service Line Nursing Director.Job Summary
The Assistant Patient Care Manager (A-PCM) supports the patient care manager (PCM) whose human resource span of control exceeds acceptable UKHC standards. He/She will provide supervision, coaching, mentoring and opportunities for growth to nursing staff and assist in the day to day management of the nursing unit(s). The A-PCM assists with scheduling, payroll management, monitoring of staff competencies, evaluation of staff performance, and special projects as assigned by the PCM. He/she will serve as the manager for clerical staff as appropriate on the assigned unit(s). Increased supervision and staff coaching/mentoring is associated with decreased staff turnover and improved patient outcomes. This position will have oversight in the MICU at both Chandler and Good Samaritan Hospitals. Time will be split between the two locations to provide appropriate coverage.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have the following: knowledge of Swanson’s Caring model; superb direct patient care and critical thinking skills; basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet; ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers and physicians; and strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skill with supervisory responsibilities .BLS plus unit specific competencies/certifications such as PALS, ACLS, etcDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
3-4 years of clinical ICU experienceDeadline to Apply09/11/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your paid nursing leadership experience within a hospital setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter