Diabetes Consultant Sr/Inpatient/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleDiabetes Consultant Sr/Inpatient/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24380Working TitleMaster Licensed Diabetes EducatorDepartment NameH3270:Nursing Practice and Support ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$22.44-37.74/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSN/BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
2 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
RN/RD + CDE required, MLDE eligiblePhysical Requirements
This position will require the ability to use a computer workstation regularly with some repetitive motions.Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with a 4-hour Saturday shift rotation.Job Summary
The Master Licensed Diabetes Educator (MLDE) will work with diabetes care providers (e.g., physicians, advanced practice providers) to provide integrated, comprehensive, and global management of patients with diabetes-related disorders. This individual will demonstrate a high-level of practice in diabetes education, including but not limited to care coordination and management, autonomous assessment, problem identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation of diabetes care. The employee will be guided by his/her Master Licensed Diabetes Educator 1 status within his/her individual scope of practice, 2;3; provide high-level counseling, regimen adjustment, therapeutic problem solving, and recognizing and prioritizing complex data. This role will engage in clinical and educational assessments to guide clinical decision-making and serves as a resource for development and/or review of BBDC materials and policies, and maximizes teaching and learning skills with a focus on analyzing, evaluating, and creating. The Master Licensed Diabetes Educator demonstrates positivity and the ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Excellent verbal communication skills, strong written communication skills, strong clinical skills, ability to engage and motivate others, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge of computer software, expertise in interdisciplinary team collaboration and relations, ability to work independently, and ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support to professional staff. Experience in an acute care setting.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Dietetics.Deadline to Apply09/16/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a (Bachelor's Prepared) Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Dietitian (RD)?
- * Are you a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)?
- * Are you currently practicing as a Master Licensed Diabetes Educator or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best represents your years of paid, full-time employment experience as a diabetes educator.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please describe three attributes/skills you deem most important when educating a patient with diabetes.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter