Patient Services Coordinator Senior/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Services Coordinator Senior/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24407Working TitlePatient Services Coordinator SeniorDepartment NameH3260:NeurosciencesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level08Salary Range$17.32-28.31/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
4 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
This position requires regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; occasionally performing tasks with repetitive motions; and standing or walking with objects weighing up to 10 pounds. May involve occasional exposure to combative/violent patients.Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pmJob Summary
The Patient Services Coordinator Senior/UKHC will train and supervise employees to: assist all patients to better understand the process and protocols; ensure their admission is coordinated efficiently; and how to trouble shoot issues with patient flow. They will also be responsible for providing an explanation of procedures, serve as liaison between the patient/family and social work, KMSF, Patient Accounts and payers to help take the burden off the patient. Excellent communication, program management, and interpersonal skills desired.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
RSS, Word, Excel, Pices (Surgery Scheduling), AEHR, APM, and SCMDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Surgery Scheduling and OR Manager/PICIS application experience are essential.Deadline to Apply09/17/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a healthcare office?
- More than 0 years, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Please describe any experience related to neurosurgery you may have.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your administrative support experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter