Practice Manager I/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePractice Manager I/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24406Working TitleDepartment Name7H871:ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY - JOINT AND SPINEWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$46,675-78,499/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
Mostly, Days, Monday – Friday, other shifts as assigned.Job Summary
The Practice Manager I will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Orthopaedic Surgery Spine and Joint Clinic at Good Samaritan medical office building.
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
Ensures smooth flow operations by directing the work of the assigned staff, including Registered Nurses, technicians, general nursing staff, clinical assistants and administrative support staff. Reviews and coordinates faculty clinic schedules. Ensures University of Kentucky Healthcare and departmental policy and procedures are enforced.
Additionally, will be responsible for managing recruitment, orientation, retention and termination of clinic staff, generally 10 or less direct reports. Responsible for managing staff mix, deployment and forecasting of staff to meet customer needs.
Provide staff disciplinary counseling as necessary and assist in corrective action plan and participates in organization-wide committees to establish or improve customer service.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus two or more years of clinical operations experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/10/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response that best represents your paid, full time work experience in a supervisory (e.g. hiring, coaching, professional development, goal setting) role.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please describe how you have handled a difficult work situation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter