Patient Care Facilitator/on call/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Care Facilitator/on call/UKHCRequisition NumberDU06996Department NameH4019: Continuum of CareWork LocationLexington, KYSalary Range52,437-80,184Type of PositionStaffPosition Time Status On CallRequired Education
BSNRequired Related Experience
3 years experienceRequired License/Registration/Certification
Requires light weight handling of objects up to 10 pounds, some standing and walkingShift
The Patient Care Facilitator/Case Manager is responsible for the coordination of patient care, promoting fiscal responsibility and optimizing patient and family outcomes. This person collaborates with multidisciplinary groups in the health care system to achieve these outcomes for the hospital inpatients. Goals are achieved through coordinating discharge planning and problem-solving issues in ways to facilitate movement of patients through the system. The position reports to the Manager of Patient and Family Services and works directly with the medical staff of the designated medical or surgical services.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
critical thinking, organized, good communicatorDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
BSN, 3 years experience as a RN preferredDeadline to Apply09/17/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold a BSN?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita