Student: Wood Shop Helper/Delivery Driver
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: Wood Shop Helper/Delivery DriverRequisition NumberSE02554Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$12-14/ hourType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Full-TimePreferred Education/Experience
- Previous experience driving a box truck, van, truck with trailer or similar helpful but not required.
- Previous delivery, wood shop or construction experience helpful but not required.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and wood shop equipment helpful but not required.
- We are willing to train.
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
An established Stair and Cabinet Manufacturer here in Lexington (~3.5 Miles from UK Campus) is seeking one or two students interested in working immediately as Delivery Drivers/ Shop Helpers. The job will initially be short term (4 to 8 weeks). Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week with a possible transition to full time over the summer dependent on performance and overall economic conditions. The primary responsibilities for this position include delivering completed assemblies to job sites, cleaning and stocking the shop as well as assisting with construction of various assemblies. Great opportunity to learn and be part of a positive team environment. Business hours are M-F from 8AM to 4:30PM. Occasional Saturday hours are available. Hours are flexible. Pay is weekly.
- Must be 19 years old.
- Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record (No DUI or reckless. Minor speeding, seat belt etc should be OK. Must be insurable on our Company Auto Policy)
- Must be able to lift 150 lbs and like to physically work. This is not an administrative position.
*Must be a self starter with a willingness to learn.
*Good Attitude a Must!
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date09/14/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?