Targeted Assessment Specialist
Posting DetailsJob TitleTargeted Assessment SpecialistRequisition NumberRE24401Working TitleKenton County TASDepartment Name7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEAWork LocationCovington, KYGrade Level44Salary Range$41,475-66,373/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm. (40 hours/week).Job Summary
The Targeted Assessment Specialist (TAS) is a UK employee co-located full-time at the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office in Covington, KY to: 1) conduct screening/assessment interviews with low-income parents in the areas of mental health, substance use, intimate partner violence, and learning problems; 2) provide intensive pre-treatment and case management services; 3) facilitate referrals to appropriate services/agencies, and 4) provide follow-up services.
The TAS also provides case consultation; collaborates effectively with multiple service systems and is responsible for documentation, reports and entry of information into the program’s web-based system.
The TAS provides non-traditional community based services such as home visits and participant transportation to services. Frequent travel within Kenton County and the region is required.
This position joins a team in Kenton County and the Northern KY Counties and is one of 57 Targeted Assessment Program (TAP) positions statewide. TAP is an innovative program in its 21st year of implementation, designed to help low-income parents overcome multiple barriers to self-sufficiency and safety through a holistic, strengths- based, trauma- informed approach. Supported with Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) funds, TAP is sponsored by the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services through a contract with the University.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
MS Windows, Excel, entering data into a web-based system.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Master’s degree plus four or more years of related direct service experience in Social Work and/or Counseling/Case management preferred.Deadline to Apply09/24/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that this position will work out of the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office in Covington, KY
- * Please describe the reasons for your interest working with low-income parents with multiple barriers to self-sufficiency and safety.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter