Posting DetailsJob TitleLPN/Ambulatory/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24020Working TitleLPNDepartment Name7H657:PEDIATRICS - GENERALWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
LPNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
LPN – Kentucky LicensurePhysical Requirements
standing for long periods of timeShift
first shiftJob Summary
The LPN is a member of the multidisciplinary ambulatory team who is responsible for patient care, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes.
The LPN performs the duties for which they are trained such as starting IVs, simple wound dressings, and notifying the RN or LIP with any changes or abnormalities in the patients condition.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Excellent customer service skills, time management and prioritization skills, team player, can adapt to change easily, and effective communication.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply09/14/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an active, current LPN license to practice in the state of Kentucky, or are eligible to obtain that license by date of hire?
- * Did you graduate before September 13, 2004? Please choose the correct answer below.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 and I attended a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 but I did not attend a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- I graduated after September 13, 2004 .
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience as a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse).
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have in a customer service position?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter