Medical Lab Technician/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleMedical Lab Technician/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23716Working TitleMedical Lab Technician - MicroDepartment NameH3200:Laboratory ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ASClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Regular use of computer workstation and repetitive motion. Occasional standing or walking with objects up to 10 pounds. Intermittent exposure to blood borne/airborne pathogens, cuts/punctures, and recombinant DNA or viral vectors.Shift
This position is 40 hours per week, primarily weekday evenings 3p-1130p and rotating weekend. This position will also fill in other shifts as needed.Job Summary
The Medical Lab Technician will serve as the recipient for all patient specimens. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely accessioning of all requests, including STAT tests.
Duties will include recognize orders requiring special consideration and intervention. Anticipate problems and takes appropriate action. Prioritize specimens and routes to appropriate lab to ensure turn-around-times are within established time frames.
An ideal candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide a high level of customer service to all internal and external customers. This position will also require the candidate to have problem solving skills and be detail oriented.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Excellent keyboarding, written, verbal, interpersonal, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associate’s degree plus MLT with clinical microbiology laboratory experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/15/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your amount of paid employment experience in a clinical microbiology laboratory.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Have you completed college coursework in microbiology?
- * Please explain your work-related experience with multitasking and dealing with multiple interruptions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter