Extension Assistant for All Program Areas-Oldham County
Posting DetailsJob TitleExtension Assistant for All Program Areas-Oldham CountyRequisition NumberRE24359Working TitleDepartment Name81313: KCES District 3Work LocationLaGrange, KentuckyGrade Level00Salary RangeType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
No set minimum requirements.Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.Required License/Registration/Certification
Job-related travel; visiting clientele at sites throughout the county (including farms); sitting/standing/walking for long periods; handling of average-weight objects up to 50 lbs.Shift
Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.); occasional nights, weekends or holidays may be required.Job Summary
Extension Assistant for All Program Areas – Oldham County
Location: LaGrange, KY
As an Extension Assistant for all program areas, you will responsible for providing administrative support to the 4-H Youth Development program, Family and Consumer Sciences program, and the Agriculture and Natural Resources program areas and the respective county Agent(s). You will report to an Extension Agent and there will be a high level of interaction with the general public. The Extension Assistant will be expected to be knowledgeable of the philosophy, goals and objectives, policies and procedures of the Cooperative Extension Service. General duties include program support, teaching, recruitment & marketing, and record keeping while conducting yourself in a professional manner. Under the supervision of the Extension Agent(s), the Extension Assistant will assist in: Quickbooks, maintaining budget files, promoting and organizing new 4-H clubs; recruiting members and volunteer leaders; providing support and guidance to existing 4-H clubs; recruiting and working with volunteers in conducting events and activities such as project groups, 4-H, FCS, and ANR achievement events, and public presentation programs; serving all clientele, ensuring that all youth and adults have an equal opportunity to participate in extension programs regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Salary Range: $12.50 to $13.00Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Education or previous experience in agriculture/ horticulture/family and consumer sciences/working with youth and previous experience working in an administrative support role.Deadline to Apply09/22/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your highest level of education completed.
- No High School diploma or GED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- * Please indicate your involvement/experience with UK Cooperative Extension.
- Worked for Cooperative Extension
- Volunteered for Cooperative Extension
- Participated in programming presented by Cooperative Extension
- No involvement with Cooperative Extension
- * How many years experience (paid or non-paid) do you have working with youth?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * How many years experience do you have in conducting and evaluating educational programs?
- 0-3 years
- 4-6 years
- 7-9 years
- 10 or more years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Local print media
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter