Posting DetailsJob TitleRadiology Attendant/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23444Working TitleDepartment NameH6251: GS RoutineWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level05Salary Range$12.50-20.00/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements for this position include regularly standing or walking including pushing, pulling and/or lifting up to 50bs.Shift
The shift could vary with day, evening, night, weekend, and/ or holiday.Job Summary
The Radiology Attendant is a front-line customer service position for UK Healthcare Radiology department.
This position will assist patients of various weights and capabilities, and transport patients using wheelchairs, stretchers and beds. This position may need to assist the patient hold positions for radiographic procedures.
Customer service duties include: greet and welcome each and every customer, as well as treat all customers, patients and their families, and personnel with respect.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have extensive customer service experience and be able to communicate in a calm and helpful manner during stressful and/or crisis situations.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply09/15/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position requires working evenings, nights and/or weekends per departmental needs. Are you aware of this requirement?
- * Please indicate which best represents your years of paid, full-time employment experience in patient care.
- More than 0, less than 1 year
- More than 1 year, less than 2 years
- More than 2 years, less than 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter