Data Management Specialist Sr
Posting DetailsJob TitleData Management Specialist SrRequisition NumberRE24356Working TitleDepartment Name7P210:KY INJURY PREV & RESEARCH CTRWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level46Salary Range$49,254-81,266/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as needed.
This grant-funded Data Management Specialist Senior position is in direct support of Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center’s CDC funded Overdose Data to Action and will manage the data needs for overdose surveillance by preparing data launches, maintenance of data capture, and support in the preparation of deliverables for the reporting requirements.
The successful applicant will support the project by maintaining documentation, identifying data processes, and helping to coordinate multiple data products. Attention to detail, processes, and best practices for data management are required.
This position will work directly with multiple faculty members and supervise data management staff. This position is expected to manage receipt of data from multiple data sources using ETL tool; develop complex, efficient, and reusable SQL/SAS/R code for ETL and analysis, and review code in SQL/SAS/R.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
SAS, R, ArcGIS, knowledge of medical records and administrative billing claims.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus seven or more years related experience in management, computing, data science, data management, or related areas.Deadline to Apply09/15/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience in performing data analyses on large data sets and interpreting the results to draw conclusions and/or make decisions.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe your paid employment experience with ETL processes for continuous data feeds.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe a project where you were responsible for the data management of a research study. Describe your role in the project, your interaction with stakeholders, data management methods and processes.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita