Pharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24378Working TitlePharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHC - GSHDepartment NameH6290:PharmacyWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level14Salary Range$81,328-137,717/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED PHARMACISTPhysical Requirements
This position requires intermittently sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); and occasionally standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; and lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Also involves some exposure to risk of injury from use of job-related equipment; and exposure to hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste, cuts/punctures, and blood-borne or airborne pathogens.Shift
The shift for this position is day shift, 7on/7off, rotates in Central Inpatient Pharmacy at GSH.Job Summary
Provide pharmaceutical care to assigned patients admitted to internal medicine/surgical services through reviewing and perfecting medication orders, contacting and conferring with physicians and other healthcare practitioners to optimize medication therapy and actively participate on patient care rounds. Provide and document pharmacokinetic and pharmacotherapeutic consultation services. Provide educational services to pharmacy technicians, students, residents, nurses, pharmacists and physicians through precepting, in-services and/or grand rounds presentations. Contribute to the scholarly productivity of the organization through clinical research and/or publications.
Internal Employee Being Considered (IEBC).Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Strong clinical skills; knowledge of inpatient drug distribution and dispensing; ability to prioritize; excellent communication skills; team mentality; desire to teach; and motivation are required to excel in this position.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
PharmD and ASHP PGY1 residency and/or PGY2 specialty residency preferred.Deadline to Apply09/16/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years of experience do you have practicing as a licensed pharmacist?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Briefly describe your pharmacy experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you completed or are you currently participating in an ASHP residency program?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter