Posting DetailsJob TitleLPN/Ambulatory/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23189Working TitleDepartment NameM1500:Ambulatory Services AdministrationWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
LPNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
LPN – Kentucky LicensurePhysical Requirements
Requires handling of average weights or objects up to 25 pounds with some sitting, standing, or walking.Shift
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00pm. Other days and hours as needed by department.Job Summary
Ambulatory Services seeks a motivated, dependable individual to serve as a Licensed Practical Nurse/UKHC.
The LPN will support the ambulatory clinical operations through direct patient care in assistance to department faculty MDs, Advanced Practice providers, fellows and residents.
The primary responsibilities of this position include: direct patient care in an ambulatory setting; clinical and clerical support to providers and team; demonstrate willingness to be of assistance and build strong relationships through customer centered care; participate in triage rotations fielding urgent patient calls; serve as expert resource in test preps, patient education and QA studies and reports.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced work environment, providing excellent customer service. Organizational, Communication, Customer Service, Patient Experience, and Clinical related skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Experience in managing multiple calendars, scheduling, nursing process and disease management, sound clinical skills, Electronic Medical Record experience and Clinical Triage experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/16/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an active, current LPN license to practice in the state of Kentucky, or are eligible to obtain that license by date of hire?
- * Did you graduate before September 13, 2004? Please choose the correct answer below.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 and I attended a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 but I did not attend a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- I graduated after September 13, 2004 .
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience as an LPN.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please describe your previous role(s) on multidisciplinary health care teams. Be specific.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your paid employment experience as it relates to the major job responsibilities of this position (see job summary). Please focus on any experience as an LPN in an ambulatory setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter