Posting DetailsJob TitleLPN/Ambulatory/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23570Working TitleLPNDepartment NameH8505:University Health Service/HospWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
LPNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
LPN – Kentucky LicensurePhysical Requirements
The physical requirements of this position include regularly standing or walking with objects up to 10 lbs; intermittent lifting, pushing and/or pulling objects up to 50 lbs and sitting at computer workstation for extended periods of time with occasional repetitive motion; regular exposure to blood borne/airborne pathogens and occasional exposure to cuts/punctures.Shift
Monday-Friday; 8:00am-4:30pmJob Summary
University Health Services is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to provide care and support to students and employees seeking health care through University Health Service, working under the authorization given by a physician, physician assistant, or advanced nurse practitioner. The LPN is a member of the multidisciplinary ambulatory team, and is responsible for patient care, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes. The LPN performs the duties for which they are trained such as starting IVs, simple wound dressings, and notifying the RN or LIP with any changes or abnormalities in a patient’s condition. The primary responsibilities of this position include direct patient care in an ambulatory setting; clinical and clerical support to providers and team; participating in triage rotations fielding urgent patient calls; and serving as an expert resource in test preps, patient education, and QA studies and reports. Demonstrated willingness to be of assistance and build strong relationships through customer centered care is essential to this position.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced work environment.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
LPN with at least one year of ambulatory experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/09/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an active, current LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) license to practice in the state of Kentucky or are eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience working with patients in a clinical setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your previous role(s) on a multidisciplinary health care team, including your specific responsibilities.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience as an LPN.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter