Student: Registered Nurse (RN)/ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: Registered Nurse (RN)/ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Requisition NumberSE02696Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary RangeBase Pay Ranges from $21.92 to $25.98 per hour, up to $38.97 per hour with Shift Differentials Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN): Base Pay Ranges from $18.40 to $21.11 per hour, up to $31.67 per hour with Shift DifferentialsType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/ExperienceHours per Week
15-40 hours per weekJob Summary
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
The Registered Nurse (RN)/ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible to the Unit Manager and its residents for rendering nursing care in the Skilled Nursing Unit or Dementia Care Unit at our Healthcare Center. Successful candidate will be able to identify of individual resident needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the Unit Manager or Charge Nurse.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 2-3 years’ experience as a licensed nurse in areas including but not limited to Skilled Nursing Facility, Dementia Care, Short Term Rehabilitation, or Orthopedics
- Active KY Registered Nurse License or KY Licensed Practical Nurse License.
- Full-Time/Part-Time Opportunities Available
- Frequently communicates with employees, residents, family members, physicians etc.
- Occasionally lifts objects weight up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently remains in a standing position.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends when assisting residents and coworkers with resident needs.
- Must be able to use all body limbs up to 100 percent capacity.
- Ability to work in either well-lit or dimly-lit, tempered room.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date09/07/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?