Student: Resident Assistant
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: Resident AssistantRequisition NumberSE02698Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$10.50 – $13.00 per hour ($2.00 shift differential for designated hours)Type of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/ExperienceHours per Week
40 hours/week – 2 pm-10:30 pm/3:00 pm – 11:30 pm (weekends required)Job Summary
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
The primary purpose of the Resident Assistant is to assist residents while providing a high-quality, resident-focused care plan within the scope of Assisted Living, including the care for physical, social, mental, emotional and spiritual needs. This position is responsible for assisting the resident with activities of daily life.
- Provides customer service in a mature and professional manner to resident, family members, coworkers and facility guests; includes telephone etiquette.
- Respects and follows resident’s rights. Demonstrates a compassionate and culturally sensitive manner. Treats residents and families with dignity and respect.
- Maintains resident, employee and facility confidentiality. Refrains from gossip.
- Demonstrates a positive image for the facility. Adheres to the highest principles of conduct through adherence to the code of ethics, the dress code, and legal concepts.
- Works with the Assisted Living Coordinator and staff to build relationships and strong communications with the residents and families in order to learn each residents’ physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living to meet the residents’ physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Demonstrates ability to provide grooming needs regarding hair care, oral care, assistance with cosmetic and grooming needs as well as dressing, bathing and transporting residents per physician’s orders as well as walk bedside assistance and assistance with toileting.
- Demonstrates ability to assist in the delivery of resident activities that will provide entertainment, socialization, exercise, relaxation, creativity and fulfillment for residents.
- Participates in family conferences as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate resident’s status and current needs as wells as to identify and report concerns.
- Provide customer service to the residents and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to identify and resolve safety concerns.
- Ability to maintain steady work pace.
- Ability to observe infection control procedures related to the
- Resident Assistant Department.
- Ability to perform job duties autonomously.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Detail oriented and possess ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
- Knowledge of security operations.
- Experience in senior residential services, social work, healthcare or customer service preferred.
- Frequently communicates with residents to provide assistance with housing/daily needs.
- Occasionally lifts objects weight up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently lifts objects weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Occasionally uses the computer with fingers and hands.
- Frequently walks, sits, stands intermittently during working hours.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends when assisting residents and carrying out cleaning duties.
- Ability to work in either well-lit or dimly-lit, tempered room.
- Occasionally assists in set up and tear down of events with residents.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date09/07/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?