Patient Financial Services Rep/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Financial Services Rep/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23712Working TitlePatient Financial Services RepresentativeDepartment NameH4014:Patient AccountsWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
This position requires regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; and occasionally standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and performing tasks with repetitive motions.Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Job Summary
Under the direction of the Assistant Director and Follow-Up Supervisor, the Patient Financial Services Representative is responsible for the resolution of inpatient and outpatient accounts commercial and/or managed care payers. The Representative is expected to be familiar with hospital and departmental policies and procedures and able to utilize all resources within the hospital and department to accomplish the assigned job duties. This position will provide customer service to patients and families to help ensure that UKHC collects sufficient cash necessary to support healthcare operations; and participate in unit and Enterprise activities to improve efficiency, quality, safety, and patient satisfaction.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented; possess in-depth HIPAA knowledge; have the ability to multi-task with a strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail; be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); have solid time management, critical thinking, follow-through, and planning and organizational skills; and have a high level of respect for confidentiality.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associate degree; third party insurance claims follow-up/collections experience; and medical, office and/or clerical work preferred. Previous experience working with patient accounts/HIPAA is highly preferred.Deadline to Apply09/13/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Please describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service and include specific details regarding the situation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please explain your work-related experience with multitasking and dealing with multiple interruptions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have handling cash/check transactions?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter