Adv Practice Provider/Inpatient/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdv Practice Provider/Inpatient/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24424Working TitleTrauma APP/InpatientDepartment Name7H850:SURGERY/GENERALWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level15Salary Range$95,056-162,406/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, Acute Care certification is preferred.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University’s verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.Physical Requirements
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
Standing or walking with objects up to 10lbs.
As assigned, 40 hours per week.Job Summary
The APP/Inpatient (APP) works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team. The APP functions as a member of the primary medical management team.
This requires management of the critical care aspects of patients from admission to discharge. In some service lines the APP may perform the coordination of care from ICU or critical care to discharge.
The APP has a strong foundation in evidenced based practice and education and ensuring an environment of safe quality care.
The APP demonstrates an advanced level of medical and nursing knowledge, clinical and technical competency, sound clinical judgment, professionalism as it relates to interpersonal and general communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and takes responsibility for ongoing professional development and competency validation.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Trauma or Emergency Department experience preferred.
Critical care experience preferred.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * For Nurse Practitioner applicants, do you have a current certification in Acute Care, or are eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- I am a Physician Assistant
- * Do you have experience working with surgical or critical care patients?
- * Please describe what experience and/or training do you have working within a hospital setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter