Posting DetailsJob TitleScientist IRequisition NumberRE24432Working TitleDepartment Name7H025:CANCER CENTER-CORE SUPPORTWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level44Salary Range$41,475-66,373/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Sitting & standing for long periods of time, exposure to blooodborne/airborne pathogens, recombinant DNA & viral vectors, will work with miceShift
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday (40 hours/week); evenings & weekends as neededJob Summary
A Scientist I position is open in the areas of cell biology at the Markey Cancer Center. Current NIH-funded projects in our laboratory focus on the studies of the molecular mechanisms involved in intestinal cell proliferation and differentiation. The position is open to recent PhD graduates with demonstrated records in molecular and cell biology.
Along with your application, you are required to upload a cover letter, your CV and as Specific Request I the contact information for 3 references.
IEBC – Internal Employee Being ConsideredSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
Western blotting, DNA/RNA isolation and analysis, Flow cytometry, Isolation of primary intestinal cells, Cell culture including 3D culture system, Maintaining mouse colonies, Genotyping, Immunohistochemical stainingDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
PhD with several years experience with cell biologyDeadline to Apply09/14/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Specific Request 1