Student: STEPS Patient Transport Driver
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: STEPS Patient Transport DriverRequisition NumberSE02679Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOn CampusSalary Range$15.00/hourType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/Experience
- 5 years driving experience preferred.
4 pm-9 pm Monday-Friday.
Must be available for on-call assignments outside of these hours.
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
This is an on call position. Must be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The successful candidate will assist with the transport of Covid-19 positive riders to temporary housing. The drivers primary hours will be from 4 pm-9 pm Monday-Friday but must be available for on-call assignments outside of these hours. Driver will follow an outlined process from the CDC and EHS during transport and to clean and sanitize the vehicle between uses. Driver may assist in other TS operations and tasks as needed.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Sitting for long periods.
- Drivers must possess valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Drivers should have good communication skills, particularly as it relates to interfacing with student clientele.
- In addition, drivers must be detail oriented and comfortable with technology.
- Drivers must have a strong customer service focus and a commitment to safety.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date09/21/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?