Posting DetailsJob TitleScientist IIRequisition NumberRE24444Working TitleDepartment Name7H400:Microbiology, Immunology & Molecular GenWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level46Salary Range$49,254-81,266/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
PhDClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Occasional repetitive motion, occasional lifting of objects up to 35 lbsShift
The Korotkova laboratory at the University of Kentucky is recruiting a Scientist II to study structure, biosynthesis and function of cell wall in pathogenic streptococci: Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus agalactiae. These projects will utilize cutting-edge microscopy techniques, protein expression and purification, polysaccharide purification, GC-MS analysis of cell wall composition, construction of bacterial mutants and molecular biological and biochemical techniques (PCR, cloning, western blot, etc).
The candidate should have a PhD degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related discipline. Additionally, the candidate should have:
•A high level of scientific writing ability.
•A proven record of productivity in terms of scientific publication.
•The ability to work independently and to supervise technical staff.
•Practical knowledge of standard microbiological and molecular biological techniques (e.g. cloning, genetic manipulation of bacteria, protein expression and purification, western etc.).
•Expertise in one of the following areas would be advantageous: analysis of cell wall and peptidoglycan; carbohydrate composition analysis; fluorescent/SEM/TEM microscopy; biophysical analysis of protein-protein/polysaccharide interaction, GC-MS.
PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, MicrobiologyDeadline to Apply09/29/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter