Posting DetailsJob TitleNeurodiagnostic Technologist/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24203Working TitleNeurodiagnostic TechnologistDepartment NameH3260:NeurosciencesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level08Salary Range$17.32-28.31/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ASClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
6 mosRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position will include occasional lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects over 50lbs, standing or walking with objects up to 25lbs, sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing), and exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens as well as walking and/or standing for long periods of time.Shift
Primarily day shift with some evening and occasional night (3rd) shift rotations. On-call rotations also required.Job Summary
The Neurodiagnostic Technologist will be responsible for performing EEG (electroencephalogram) testing. Primary duties for this position include: explaining procedure to the patient and family, measuring and applying electrodes accurately and efficiently, and performing procedures appropriate for the patient’s diagnosis. This position will also be responsible for reviewing test and patient care data with the electroencephalographer, maintaining patient log and database, and evaluating and troubleshooting equipment. Strong customer service skills, as well as strong patient care skills, are highly desired for this position.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
The ideal candidate will have excellent patient care abilities; the capacity to work well in a fast-paced academic medical center; knowledge of EEG Data Management and 10-20 systems; EEG equipment troubleshooting skills; and will have proficient computer and technical knowledge.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associate degree or higher in a related area and EEG, EMG experience.Deadline to Apply09/15/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least six months of paid, full-time employment experience in healthcare?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in an epilepsy monitoring unit.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have experience clipping prolonged EEG recordings?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter