Nurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHCRequisition NumberNR08089Working TitleNeonatal/Pediatric Emergency Transport NurseDepartment NameH3060:Children's/Maternal/Psychiatric SvcsWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ADNRequired Related Experience
4 yearsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED NURSE- valid KY or compact state license and Amercian Heart Association BLS is requiredPhysical Requirements
lifting, standing, riding in ambulances and helicoptersShift
Must be able to primarily work three 12-hour Night shifts/week from 7P to 730A, will also be required to work some weekends and holidays and occasionally cover the 9am -930pm shift based on departmental needs.Job Summary
Neonatal/pediatric transport is a complex, highly organized, dynamic process that requires highly skilled personnel with the ability to act independently away from the protected environment of KCH. Patient outcomes are optimized by stabilization and expedient disposition of patients to definitive care. This position also provides guidance, education and expertise to nursing staff in any pediatric area so better recognition and response to patient care issues, improved quality of care, and opportunity for development of critical thinking skills can be achieved. The outreach education provided by this position to referral facilities ensures a collegial relationship and enhances outcomes.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
assessment, communication, organizationDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing-BSN preferred. Must have a minimum of three years experience as a registered nurse in a Neonatal and/or Pediatric Critical Care setting. Previous transport experience is preferred but not required.Deadline to Apply09/13/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter