Digital Archivist Education Coordinator
Job Title: Digital Archivist Education Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 5516
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Part-time, temporary grant funded funded position not to exceed 20 hours per week. Hours to be determined in consultation with supervisor. Appointment is anticipated to last through May 2021, depending on continued university needs.
Position Summary: This is a 20 hour per week grant funded position that assists in providing access to the archival holdings of the Archives & Special Collections. This position reports directly to the Archivist & Special Collections Librarian.
Working closely with the Archivist & Special Collections Librarian, the successful candidate will help the Archives & Special Collections with their National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) CARES grant, which will transform access, enhance discovery, and stimulate student learning using primary materials. This position will collaboratively work to review primary source sets, create scalable lesson plans for a K-12 audience, and develop guides to promote the collections. The candidate will also assist the Archivist & Special Collections Librarian in establishing relationships with local K-12 teachers to promote the project.Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with archival best practices and primary source teaching methods.
- Identify and curate primary source sets from Puget Sound’s archival collections that are appropriate for K-12 audiences.
- Create scalable, humanities-focused lesson plans for junior high, senior high, and potentially primary school audiences. If applicable, provide guidance to local educators wishing to use the newly created lesson plans.
- Create supplemental educational materials, such as handouts, worksheets, etc. to support the lesson plans.
- Learn how to use the LibGuides platform to convey the primary sources and educational resources.
- Consult on the NEH CARES grant outreach materials and webpage creation.
- Create relationships with local K-12 teachers and educational organizations to promote the grant-funded project.
- Handle historic materials appropriately and with the utmost care.
- Compile statistics for project and individual work.
Minimum Requirements /Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated understanding of humanities disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, including lesson-plan creation.
- Experience handling and teaching with primary sources, specifically from archives or other historical memory institutions.
- Ability to set priorities, manage work, and meet deadlines independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to effectively work in-person &/or in a remote environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn, adopt, and propagate new technologies quickly. Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- Master’s degree in Education, Public History, or Library and Information Science.
- Work experience in a library, archive, or museum.
- Work experience in an academic library setting.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HR92PRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;