Part Time Temporary Case Manager
Position Title:Part Time Temporary Case Manager Position Number:40009626 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/09/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Temporary Case Manager for the Dean of Students on the Dahlonega campus. This position will provide outreach and support services to students using a case management model in a virtual environment. The case manager assists students in developing strategies to overcome and address barriers that prevent them from achieving their educational goals.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Part Time Temporary Case Manager will:
- Use a proactive, collaborative, and student-centered approach to conduct outreach and assess the needs of students who may have an academic, personal, emotional, medical, and/or other concern. Assist with the documentation and tracking of COVID cases.
- Explore UNG and community resources to facilitate connections to the most appropriate support or resource.
- Utilize Maxient as a case management system to record notes of all communications and updates for each student.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One year of experience working with students of concern and providing case management.
- Ability to work effectively with students from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of principles and procedures involved in risk assessment in a university setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of Maxient is preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.