Program Specialist eCore
Position Title:Program Specialist eCore Position Number:40009659 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/18/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Program Specialist eCore on the Dahlonega campus. The Program Specialist eCore will providee eCore specific administrative initiative and support to the Division of Distance Learning & Technology Integration, assisting faculty and students. Responsibilities include the management of budget, purchasing for the eCore faculty, organize administrative processes for travel, hiring, personnel and administrative workflows. This position is contingent on grant funding.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist eCore will:
- Maintain and track eCore specific departmental budget. Coordinate and place purchases for departmental needs, using purchasing card and purchase requisitions. Track spending, reconcile purchasing card, prepare and submit all paperwork for purchases, payment implementation, and payroll.
- Maintain all fiscal, administrative, and academic records, prepares and reviews reports and forms for accuracy and completeness. Implement all department employment requisitions and Personnel Action Forms. Prepare and distribute correspondence, reports and other documents; compile data for the department.
- Coordinate annual review and promotion procedures and paperwork flow.
- Use the Outlook email system to send important announcements and information to eCore faculty, including updating information, information on policies and forms.
- Work with other offices including, Academic Affairs, Faculty Records, and Human Resources to disseminate and ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Coordinate arrangements for travel. Organize faculty travel and assists with travel authorizations and reimbursements. Submit work orders IT or other university entities for work needed within the department.
- Assist with eCore course building, course auditing in Banner, prerequisite checks. Assist with eCore attendance verification and grade verification processes. Assist students with course registration (adds, drops, and withdrawals). Assist students with troubleshooting registration issues (pre-requisites, holds, status, etc.).
- Must have working knowledge of all office equipment, computer software, and administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level.
- Ability to work independently a in an occasionally stressful environment; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to take initiative in solving problems and can develop creative solutions to challenges while providing outstanding customer service.
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.;
- 1.5 years of administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.;
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.