Educational Technology Assistant - FWS (AY20/21)
Request to Recruit InformationJob TitleEducational Technology Assistant - FWS (AY20/21)Student Position TypeFederal Work StudyAppointment TypePart-TimeFTEWork Schedule
Applicant work schedules will be based upon course schedule. Work hours are flexible but dependability is essential.
Position works 10-20 hours per week.Department ManagerHiring ManagerBryan BestNumber of VacanciesJob Description Summary
Educational Technology Assistants work with LaFetra College of Education faculty on the design and development of instructional content that will be used in traditional on-campus courses, blended, and on-line courses. ETAs also help plan and conduct individual and group workshops on the use of new technologies, and provide instruction and support to LFCE faculty to assist them in the development and/or improvement of technology skills.Specific Duties
- Assist faculty with troubleshooting of educational technologies.
- Assist with film/video pre and post-production for faculty projects, including development and scripting.
- Assist faculty with graphic and/or web design projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Should be comfortable using and learning a range of software and hardware tools.
- Must possess strong relational and organizational skills.
- Must be able to manage own assignments and work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience videography and/or photography and/or graphic/web design.
- Knowledge of Adobe CC and database management.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.LocationLa Verne Central CampusIf Other, please specify.Posting Number20190852SESpecial Instructions to ApplicantsOpen Date08/31/2020Close Date10/31/2020Open Until FilledNoQuick Linkhttp://laverne.peopleadmin.com/postings/9609Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2