South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the functional department head and other staff members of the department. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Answer telephones and direct inquiries as appropriate. Greet visitors and direct to appropriate destination.
- Perform routine clerical duties as assigned. Maintain correspondence logs, files, minutes, information databases, and other tracking systems as necessary.
- Order supplies as necessary. Maintain office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines and printers.
- Track expenses for the same and submits for payment.
- Open and distribute mail for department; handles outgoing mail; answers routine correspondence for others signature.
- Schedule meetings as necessary.
- Perform special projects as assigned such as data entry, collation of large documents, data checking, etc.
- Minimum: earned Associates Degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least two years' progressive experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience handling the scheduling of conference calls and meetings, including travel arrangements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office). Some experience in database programs.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other detailsRequired EducationAssociate Degree
- South University Montgomery, AL, 5355 VAUGHN ROAD, Montgomery, Alabama, United States of America