Human Resources Coordinator
Date: September 8, 2020
Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Description: Under the supervision of the Chief Human Resource Officer, the Human Resources Coordinator performs a wide variety of administrative duties in a fast-paced environment. The HR Coordinator holds responsibilities for fringe benefits administration, employment and orientation processes and supports the CHRO with a wide array of administrative functions. The Coordinator fosters positive employee relations and offers counsel and advice relative to fringe benefits, recruitment, college procedures/policies and federal/state mandates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assures all new employee paperwork and processes are in place. Initiates, maintains and updates employee files and other relevant HR systems.
- Prepare appointment letters, maintains employee database, and works with other departments to assure smooth onboarding transition to new employees.
- Conduct individual employee orientations, and coordinate group orientation sessions as needed.
- Prepare job descriptions, postings, advertisements for non-faculty positions. Review and approve ads for internal and external publications.
- Answer candidate inquiries relative to employment and benefits. Process background checks for new employees and new Board of Trustees as requested by President’s office.
- Event scheduling and coordination, including the annual service years award ceremony, Employee Wellness Fair and other employee events.
- Fringe benefits administration to including monitoring statutory and fringe benefit plans and assisting employees with enrollment, cancellations, changes, problem resolution. Processes enrollment changes for new, existing and retired employees.
- Works with Financial Aid and Student Payroll to orient students and supervisors on processes and other important protocol relating to student employees.
- Maintain organizational charts and update Employee Handbook as necessary.
- Assist Title IX Coordinator/College Compliance Officer to coordinate hearings, investigations and other time-sensitive administrative functions.
- Coordinate summer employment process and serve as primary contact for all questions relative to summer employment.
- Prepare employment transition paperwork for departing employees, process cancellations for various benefits. Performs exit interviews with departing staff.
- Advise supervisors/answer inquiries relative to recruiting and selecting employees.
- Assist with recruitment processes including use of applicant tracking system as needed. Monitor advertisement efforts and candidate pool; track and maintain EEO reports through ATS.
- Prepare reports, mailing lists and queries for the HR office and other departments as necessary. Assist with assessments and tracking as needed.
- Assist in a variety of departmental projects including compliance, research, statistical reports/surveys, training and development, employee relations, etc.
- Serves on search committees and other committees as needed.
- Participate in and support student internship opportunities and other FlightPath initiatives as indicated in the HR Unit Plan.
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local, and associational laws, rules and regulations.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external constituents.
- Participate in significant campus activities, including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
- As a representative of the College, comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Other job related duties as assigned
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are an Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) from an accredited college or university in Business, Human Resources or a comparable field with between 1 to 3 years of experience in a related field/position.
- Progressive Human Resources experience
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with a high level of accuracy
- Experience in higher education environment is helpful
- Experience in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications; experience with Microsoft software (Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Ability to anticipate needs
To apply for the Human Resources Coordinator position, please click here. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.