Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs- Golisano Hall
Date: July 8, 2020
Title: Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs – Golisano Hall
Description: Under the Supervision of the Executive Assistant to the Provost & VP for Academic Affairs and the chairs of each department, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for multiple tasks that are required in order for faculty to fulfill their position in educating students during the academic year.
- Perform a variety of word processing tasks, such as letters, minutes, exams, class materials, questionnaires, reports, journals, programs, etc.
- Ordering: office supplies, desk copies, office nameplates, key requests, material requisitions
- Assist department chairs with department budgets and reconciles discrepancies
- Assist department chairs with scheduling needs, such as compiling class schedules, meetings and events
- Compile statistics for use in reports and grant applications
- Update portions of the department web pages as needed
- Create and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external constituents
- Mail pick-up and delivery to and from the Copy Center
- Provide support with Faculty Recruitment
- Assist the Office of Academic Affairs with collection of course syllabi and office hours
- Serve as liaison between faculty and Aramark facilities regarding work orders and building maintenance concerns
- Supervision of work study students
- Assist faculty with media requests
- Responsible for minute taking at Faculty Meetings
- Participate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend
- Expected to comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
- As a representative of the College, expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for the position are a High School Diploma or GED and at least three years of secretarial experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Software (Office, Word, Excel, etc.)
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple supervisors
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
The physical demands of this position include being required to regularly sit for long periods of time, navigate stairs, walk across campus, and lift and carry light to moderate weight packages.
To apply for the Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs position, please click here. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.