Systems/IT Architect Lead (Salesforce Architect Lead)
Job Title: Systems/IT Architect Lead (Salesforce Architect Lead)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220633
Provide technical leadership in supplying advanced level IT support services to units or on campus wide basis. Services provided involve conceptualizing, planning, designing and implementing complete and integrated information technology solutions that meet business needs and support long term goals. Use advanced IT architecture concepts to resolve highly complex issues. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: user department managers and staff, IT management and professional staff, vendors and contractors. This position typically will advise and counsel: user department managers and staff, IT professional staff, vendors and contractors. This position will supervise: NA (work direction only).Responsibilities
Job Duty 1 -
Analyze and develop solutions for complex departmental or campus wide business issues
Job Duty 2 -
Lead design and implementation of IT systems that address departmental and/or campus wide needs.
Job Duty 3 -
Research and prototype emerging technologies; utilize where applicable in addressing campus IT needs.
Job Duty 4 -
Promote use of campus information technology standards.
Job Duty 5 -
May formulate strategies and administer policies, process and resources.
Job Duty 6 -
Manage and direct efforts of technical teams formed to address specific IT issues.
Job Duty 7 -
Maintain ongoing awareness of department or campus wide business needs and long term goals.
Job Duty 8 -
Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Required Qualification
Overnight travel requirchired for project delivery; flexibility in on-site daily service delivery hours (due to client shift schedules, project requirements).
Six to eight years of job related experience
- 8+ years of experience implementing and integrating enterprise systems, preferably CRM or ERP with increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Minimum 7+ years of development experience on the Salesforce platform including as a Technical leader in at least 2 Enterprise Salesforce implementations with over 300 users and multiple integration flows and data migrations
- Strong expertise with the Salesforce platform including in two of the following modules: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, App Cloud
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce platform including scalability and large data volumes considerations. Understanding of best practices and design trade-offs, with the ability to communicate design choices
- At least 3 Salesforce certifications including 1 Designer level one
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and II highly encouraged
- Salesforce System and Application architect highly encouraged
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, other)
- Strong technical foundation:
- Advanced structured programming and patterns (APEX, Force.com, .Net, Java)
- Relational database concepts and structures and data modeling techniques
- Structured system analysis and design methods
- Integration patterns and protocols
- Web and cloud architecture paradigms
- Authentication and identity management
- Mobile solutions and considerations
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Participation in each phase of full Salesforce.com lifecycle implementations. Experienced in defining systems strategy and requirements, designing and prototyping, planning, testing, and supporting training efforts
- Experience in Environment and Release strategies with the Salesforce platform and its DevOps tooling and metadata structure
- Experience in the Higher Education industry and with Salesforce Education Cloud products.
- Knowledge of common Salesforce AppExchange products and experience with vendor analysis
- Experience working across technical and business stakeholders and leading design sessions.
- Extensive experience with large volume data extraction, transformation, and load tools and data migration.
- Expertise in Single Sign-On, Master Data Management, Business Intelligence Technologies, Social Enterprise Technologies, Data Warehousing.
- Detail-oriented and motivated individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Confident leader and communicator
- Intensity, curiosity, drive and the desire to succeed
- Resourceful and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Team player with strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent
This job requires broad knowledge of IT systems management, infrastructure and architectural design and integration and related components and applications. Expertise is required in IT service delivery methodology and techniques, industry practices and campus policies and procedures.
The Salesforce Architect is responsible for the technical architecture of the Salesforce Applications and a trusted advisor and platform expert across Georgia Tech. If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how the Institute interacts with students across their lifecycle.
As responsible for the technical architecture, the Salesforce Architect supports the existing Salesforce landscape and designs and oversees the implementation of enterprise applications focused on the Salesforce platform. It also is responsible for mentoring the developer team and defining and enforcing all technical standards. As a trusted advisor, the Salesforce Architect demonstrates the capabilities of the platform and instructs an audience of IT and business stakeholders how to maximize its correct usage.
In this capacity, the candidate is an expert in implementing large scale enterprise applications, utilizing web-based technologies and applying enterprise system integration and security architectures (including hands-on implementing where required). Ideally, the candidate has a Salesforce.com experience and certification is advantageous. The candidate must also be able to lead technical requirements gathering sessions and articulate complex technical solutions to multiple audiences as well as write product requirements and technical architecture documents.