Research Technician I
Job Title: Research Technician I
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220483
Provide basic technical support services required for conducting tests and experiments in a school or research laboratory within the Institute. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: academic and research faculty, co-workers. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA. This position will supervise: NA.Responsibilities
1) Organization, design, and procurement of equipment and reagents that enable in vivo electrical recordings from mice engaged in behavioral tasks;
2) Assistance in the ordering, maintenance, husbandry, and experimental workflow supporting behavioral training of transgenic mouse lines
3) Assisting research staff with behavioral training protocols and optogenetic perturbations of behavioral tasksRequired Qualifications
- B.S. or equivalent in nueroscience or any associated discipline
- Strong organizational and collaborative work skills including familiarity with MS Office Suite, Google Drive, MATLAB
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of accountability and transparency
One to two years of job related experience
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced